|Study location||Hungary, Budapest|
|Nominal duration||6 semesters (3 years) (180 ECTS)|
|Tuition fee||€3,500 per semester|
|Application fee||€150 one-time|
High school / secondary education (or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Hungarian.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
You must take the original entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
Original documents are to be shown in person as part of the registration in Budapest.
Intermediate command of English is required. Please note that all applicants need to participate in an online admission interview. During this interview, you’ll need to prove your language skills and the admission committee will make their admission decision based on this. If you don’t reach the necessary language level, you won’t be granted admission even if you have a previously obtained language certificate.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum language requirements have to start their studies with an English Language Preparatory Program.
A relevant portfolio is required.
Please upload your application materials to Google Drive (or other file storage and synchronization service) and send the link to email@example.com:
1. A Portfolio which can include works belonging to following genres:
- Animated movies, spots, intros
IMPORTANT: Please attach a short description of your works. In case of teamwork or derivative works please mention your exact contribution to the project.
2. A short Letter of Motivation in which the applicant informs us about the reasons of choosing to study Animation at our institution.
3. A narrative curriculum vitae in which the applicant shows us his/her educational background and highlights the most important events of his/her life.
4. Please include a Statement that verifies that all the materials included in the portfolio were created by you alone. In case of collective works, please clearly indicate your personal contribution to the given project(s).
Every written material should be sent in PDF format.
Portolio is required
This is for you if you are interested in animation films not only as a spectator, but you are also fascinated by how they are made. Animation experience, software knowledge, visual or drawing prior training are beneficial, however, their lack does not hinder you from enrolment. If you are still looking for your place in the world, or if you already have some idea and what you would like to contribute to its values, join us and we will help you to make your ideas come true.
Are you interested in how a drawing becomes a motion picture, are you attracted by film tricks, video games, making apps? As an animation designer, you can become the designer of complex productions in advertising, the electronic media, motion pictures, digital post-production or game design, or the specialist of a special field.
“The technical and professional background provided by the university is outstanding in Hungary. The academic staff are not only talented, but bottom Successful In Their work, Which Can Provide tons of extra experience and encouragement for students. “
Our graduate, DANIEL ELIAS
“ Animation is an own world, with own rules, an opportunity to show the story it has never been seen before. “
Our graduate, SANDALS PATAKI
“ We do not set up Uniformed expectations for our students, we help in every area THEM WHERE They can be themselves. Many of them already have sufficient knowledge even at the start of their studies to try themselves out in live projects. We are convinced everybody has the talent and value, and we help to discover them. ”
MELINDA KISS DLA
- you will get to know the preparatory and production stages of productions from the idea, the script through the storyboard and animatic to animation and post-production
- you will get familiar with the use of indispensable software for digital filmmaking: editing, compositing and 2D-3D animation programs
- you will encounter classic techniques: drawing animation or puppet animation
- you will learn sound design, so you will be able to make the sound and noises of your film from the start
What can you study with us?
- visual techniques offering limitless opportunities
- procedures making the path towards the magical world of animation easy to walk
- practical knowledge with the help of excellent experts and cutting-edge technical infrastructure
- you can find the most suitable genre for yourself
story development; storyboard drawing, animation film language; making animatics; drawing animation; puppet animation; 3D modeling and motion; 2D digital animation; sound design; compositing
you will know the production procedures of animation productions
- you will be confident in using classic or digital techniques
- you will be able to find a job in animation, graphic design or film studios, as a game developer or work for an advertising agency
- you will be able to work as a freelancer: in the creative industry, reliable animation experts are in high demand
Our success stories:
ANNECY 2016 Dávid Dell’edera: Balcony, Jury Special Award;
LONDON INTERNATIONAL ANIMATION FESTIVAL Mr Barczy: Hey, Deer! Children’s Film Category, Audience and Jury Award;
INTERNATIONAL AWARDS Video Clip by Balázs Simon for Nils Frahm’s RE;
HUNGARIAN AND INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL SUCCESSES Sandra Pataki: WireLess, Hungarian Film Critics’ Award, Hungarian Film Award, Cannes Film Festival Short Film Corner Program Participant;
KAFF 2017 Tina Russian: The 13th Princess, Best Student Movie;
KAFF 2019 Máté Horesnyi: Jacques Amok Run, Best Student Film