|Nominal duration||4 semesters (2 years)|
|Tuition fee||€2,500.00 per semester|
|Application fee||€120.00 one-time|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Hungarian.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
You must take the original entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
Intermediate command of English is required. Applicants’ command of English may be assessed in the course of a Skype interview.
Budapest Metropolitan University (METU) is launching a new MSc in Tourism Management (Masters) Programme which combines a global knowledge of tourism, international business and creative specialisms.
Budapest is one of the most exciting tourism destinations in the world and the number of international tourists as well as students is growing. As well as its beautiful heritage sites and Danube river views, the city is the only capital city in the world which has so many thermal baths or spas, it was nominated as City of Design by UNESCO Creative Cities Network, and the city offers a lively cultural scene and nightlife with its world-famous ’ruin bars’.
In terms of education, METU has many unique features. The most important is that creativity is one of the core values of the University. This is reflected in the MSc Programme’s curriculum, which includes many creative courses such as Creative Industries, Cultural, Creative and Heritage Tourism, ICT and Creative Media, Creative Experience Design, Creative City Development and Creative Project Work. METU also has strong links with UNITWIN (UNESCO’s University Twinning and Networking Programme) for its heritage-related courses.
A second unique feature is the emphasis on project-based learning. All of our courses have a very practical as well as an academic focus. Our links to industry partners in Budapest and internationally are strong, and we try wherever possible to involve students in real-life projects, research activities and event organisation and hosting.
A third exciting feature is that METU is growing very fast in terms of internationalisation. This means that we are ready to welcome students from a wide range of countries and cultural backgrounds, which also makes the student experience a very rich and exciting one!
The MSc Tourism Management Programme combines a number of courses, which are especially designed to give students a strong foundation in global business and tourism, creative thinking and innovation, as well as Budapest-specific knowledge. For example, one course focuses on global health tourism combined with case studies of the Budapest thermal baths and spas. The Creativity City development course will examine global cities, but also Budapest’s City of Design status and creative quarter developments.
The MSc Tourism Management Programme specifically combines the following courses:
• Essential business and management courses: Economic Policy, Managerial (Business) Economics, Marketing and Communication Management, Strategic Management, Company Finance and Strategy, Controlling Systems, Enterprise Decision Support Systems and Methods, Research Methods
• Tourism-specific courses: Tourism Destination Management, Tourism Legislation and Institutions, Cultural, Creative and Heritage Tourism, Health Tourism, Wellness and Spas, Trends in Tourism Product Development, Sustainable Planning and Development, Events Management
• Creative and Heritage-related courses: Creative Industries, Creative Experience Design, Creative City Development, Heritage Management, ICT and Creative Media, and Creative Project Work
- tour operator
- leader of family business
- tourist counselor
- event organizer
- tourism manager of small municipality or region
- manager of local, regional and national tourism
- manager for health and wellness spa
- mid- and top-level hotel manager
- attraction manager
- World Heritage Site manager